9.12.2012

Tropical Homemade Ice Cream

Let's just discuss for a moment how stellar this looks.





Also, this:




Right?! I mean... Right?!

This recipe, as many do, came from a high demand of hunger and a low supply of food.

So, I got creative.

In other words, I GO TO AN ARTS SCHOOL. I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT.

What?

Oh, I can't?

Oh.

...Scratch that, then.

Just check this out:

Tropical Homemade Ice Cream
For those hot summer evenings... (serves 2. Make a friend, QUICK!)

Ingredients:

  • Two bananas, chopped into chunks and frozen
  • Frozen mango and pineapple chunks
    • But, let's be honest. You can put whatever fruits you want in this. The banana is the most important because it provides the creamy base for this ice cream - beyond that, GO WILD.
  • Unsweetened, shredded coconut
  • 1/3 cup of any type of milk (I used vanilla almond for a sweet, nutty flavor)
  • A few dashes of cinnamon (my new obsession)
  • Vanilla (optional)
  • Chocolate chips for sprinkling (also optional)
Method:
  • Put it all in a food processor (except for the sprinkling things)
  • ...Process it until it's creamy, creamy, creamy (this might take a while... if it's really not working, add more milk!)
  • Top with whatever your heart desires. Sprinkles? Yes. Crumbled graham crackers? Yes. Your great-grandma's ashes? ...No. Don't do that. Don't even think about it. For the love of all that is holy, put the urn down and get yourself a social life.

SO.

Now that your mouth is watering, GO! GO FORTH AND MAKE THIS DISH!

And hey, here's something cool:

For the past week, I've been doing a one-minute plank before my nightly shower.

And, not to toot my own horn or anything, but there is definitely some ab-action happening.

Might start doing it twice a day.

I know. I'm crazy. TRY to stop me.

Don't, actually... I'll just beat you up with my abs.

And on that note...

Happy hump day!

-Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment