9.20.2012

Chocolate Berry Pie for one

Today, I found myself quite sick.

As in, I feel like someone stuffed a basketball into my head and poured acid down my throat.

So what did I do?

Well, first I slept for three hours.

Then, I watched Harry Potter. Lots of Harry Potter.

THEN...

I decided to make a pie.

A tiny pie.

A pie for only me, a pie that would make me feel better, and pie that would be easy to make.

SO.

Without any ado whatsoever, here is that pie...

Microwave Chocolate Berry Pie (for one)
...because sometimes, life hands you lemons and you say, "Screw you, life."




Ingredients:

  • Crust:
    • 1 Tbsp. rolled oats (not Steel Cut)
    • 1 Tsp. toasted flax seeds
    • 1 Tbsp. unsweetened, organic coconut flakes
    • 1-2 Medjool dates or 1-2 Tbsp. raisins
  • Filling:
    • 1/2 cup mixed berries (any of your choice), frozen or fresh
    • 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
Method:
  1. In a small bowl, using your hands, mash together all the ingredients for the crust. If using raisins, you'll have to do quite a bit of work to make it stick together. If it's too dry, add more dates or raisins - if it's too sticky, add more oats, coconut, or flax seeds. Mash this crust into the bottom/sides of the bowl.
  2. If using frozen berries, microwave the berries for 20-30 seconds. Mash the berries with a fork, and then mix in chocolate chips.
  3. Pour the filling over the crust, and top with whatever you want - coconut, toasted flax seeds, etc.
  4. Microwave for about 30 seconds.
  5. EAT!

Basically, this is going to be my life.

I'm never eating anything else, ever again.

The end.

And on that note...

Peace!

Kelsie


No comments:

Post a Comment