7.02.2012

My mom's breakfast casserole

Okay, so this breakfast casserole is, how they say, le bomb.

It's full of complex carbs which makes it a great source of energy in the morning - just go easy on the cheese!


A very loose "recipe" because my mom basically wings it:

  • Take some frozen shredded hash browns and line the bottom of a pie pan (or some other type of pan...)
  • Bake this at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes
  • While that's baking, get out the cheese(s), meat(s), and/or vegetable(s) that you want in your casserole and chop it all into little pieces
    • I recommend Morningstar Sausage patties (especially for vegetarians) and some kind of cheese with a little spice, as well as chopped onions & red/green peppers
  • Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle the toppers over the hash browns
  • Over the entire thing, pour a mixture of about 6 eggs whipped together
    • You can mix your eggs with some type of milk, but it's not required. I like to add spices to the liquid mixture so that it will permeate the whole recipe.
  • Bake the whole thing for another 20-30 minutes, watching for the edges to turn brownish.

Sorry for the vagueness... But this way you can mix it up and try different things!

Let me know some of the ingredient combinations you try, and how they worked out.

By the way, I heard something that I LOVE:

"I don't have a soul. I am a soul: I have a body."


Much love on this Monday,
Kelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment